Update by Meagan

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Well, Tyler has pretty much all out refused to include a family update, so I have decided that I will. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find the cord to our digital camera, so pictures are not available. Sorry to all those who have requested to see my pregnant belly. It's a sight, to be sure, but not one that I can share.

I guess I'll start with me. I am now 31 weeks pregnant, meaning I am only 9 weeks away from my due date. It's pretty intimidating when I think about it for very long, but it still doesn't really seem real. Time is going pretty quick, but I am told that the last few weeks just drag by. We'll see, I guess.

The pregnancy part is going very well. I've only had a few inconveniences. My back hurts if I sit strait for about 5 minutes or more. It's weird that I have to slouch to be comfortable, but that's the way it is. Also, I am starting to get so big now that I can't bend over to pick things up very comfortably. I guess that will just get worse too, but it's defiantly interesting.

As most of you know, a few weeks ago, we got a 3D ultrasound of our baby and it was confirmed again that it is, in fact, female. It was really fun to be able to feel it move and see it move on the screen.





Other than things having to do with the baby, I'm not doing a whole lot right now. I'm working full-time still selling cell phones for Verizon, and plan on continuing until the middle of July, or whenever my doctor tells me to stop.

Tyler is busy working on Organic Chemistry this summer, taking both classes accelerated over the shorter summer semesters. It's good, because he can focus on the classes without distraction, but it is also a lot more difficult. He has a test every other weekend over several chapters.

He just got a new job that he starts on Tuesday, but isn't very proud of it, so I won't go into much detail. It fits his schedule, though, so we can't complain too much.

Besides his job, Tyler is also doing some work on the side doing reviews for non-fiction books for an LDS publishing company. It is proving to be an interesting side job because he gets to read some really different material. Basically, he lets the publishing company know if it is really worth publishing or not.

We are both also doing an online service called ChaCha, where we answer questions that people text in. We get to do it whenever we want, and average about 6 dollars an hour. So, it's not the most lucrative of things, but we can do it while we watch television and it's paid for more than one date night.

Besides school and work, Tyler has just started volunteering in a hospital ER for a few hours every week. This will give him good experience for medical school, because he gets to be around medical stuff and it doesn't look half bad on his application either. He's only done it one week so far, but he has already enjoyed the time he has spent.

1 comments:

Krista said...

You're little girl is so cute!! I wanted to get a 3D ultrasound but we never did. I'm so excited to meet her and see you guys again!!