Getting Really Close

Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's been a fun week for me. Last Thursday, my little sister Hannah came to visit for a few days. She's 10 years younger than me and I've never had much of a chance to spend a lot of time with her. Unfortunately, I was still working and then I had a few days of not feeling very well, so it wasn't the best visit ever. We did take her school shopping, though, which was fun. We got her lots of cute clothes. In case any of you guys don't know, Tyler is a great shopping partner. I think he really likes to go shopping. Hannah would be in there trying stuff on and he would be getting the sales people to help him find a shirt that matched a particular jacket, or trying to get their opinion on an outfit. It was really cute.

On Monday, I went to SLC and picked up my brother Dayne from the airport. While there, I dropped Hannah off with the aunt she's been staying with. Dayne left on his mission yesterday, but for the few days he was here, we had a lot of fun. I took him shopping for the little things he still needed and we mostly just hung out the whole time. It was nice to be able to spend some time with him and see him of at the MTC. I'm sure he'll be a great missionary.

Unfortunately, this week wasn't nearly so fun for Tyler. He's studying away at Organic Chemistry. He has a test on Friday and has been working hard for an A. He keeps telling me that I can't go into labor until after he takes the test on Friday, but we'll see.

Speaking of that, I'm only 4 days away from my due date! I went to the doctor on Monday and he said that I will probably at least go that far, but I'm hoping it'll be sooner. I know most first babies are late, so probably I will go late too, but that doesn't mean I can't hope. Today I'm going to go walk around the mall for a while (it's too hot to walk outside) and see if I can get things moving.

Oh, one final thing. Our hamster finally figured out what it's running wheel is for. She's had it for 2 months and has never actually run on it. Then last night, she ran on it for like 2 hours strait. We are very proud of her for figuring it out.

Hopefully our next post will be some good news!

2 comments:

Becky B. said...

We are anxiously waiting to hear your baby anouncment. Hang in there those last few days (weeks?). My advice, try to get as much sleep as you can - it will be your last chance for awhile.

RSnow said...

Hang in there. This too shall pass.

Since you, Becky and Donnna have started blogging a guy here at work told be to check out the Seriouslysoblessed blog. It is soooo funny.