Battle of Wills

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Last night, Lydia and I had an intense battle of wills. Lately she's been incredibly clingy to me. She won't let me put her down without crying and wants to be held all the time. Well, I finally decided that it was time she learn that I'm not going to come pick her up every time she cries. I put her in her baby swing and she started to whine, but I ignored it. Then she started to cry, but I ignored it. Then she started to do her furious cry, and still I ignored it. Forty-five minutes later, she calmed down (still in her swing) and sucked on her fist. Whenever I looked over at her she was giving me the meanest look I've ever seen her give. I won though, and hopefully she learned something. I also hope that she doesn't realize how hard it was to let her cry for that long. She's a stubborn little six-month-old.

0 comments: