100th Post

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Hey, this is our 100th blog post!  Also it's going to be a quick catch-up post on our family over the last 4 months or so, because we've been neglecting our blog and it's always hard to get up to speed.  So here goes.  Also, in order to not overwhelm you with pictures, you can see pictures of most of these events on my facebook page at www.facebook.com/meaganseverson

After Thanksgiving, but before Christmas, the girls and I got to go to my parent's house in Texas.  It was quite the adventure to drive 12 hours one way with a 2 year old and a 2 month old, but I managed somehow.  It was good to let my dad and a few of my siblings meet Ellie.  Lydia enjoyed the attention of aunts and uncles who know how to read as well, an often took advantage of that fact.  Here's my mom's photo album of when we were there (combined with pictures she took when Ellie was born).

A few weeks later, it was Christmas break and again we traveled.  This time it was with the whole family up to Tyler's parent's house for a few weeks.  For Christmas Lydia got a little wooden train set that she loves and lots of other toys from her adoring family.  Ellie got a few little odds and ends.  The day after Christmas we blessed Ellie.  She had an adorable little dress and we were able to Skype the blessing to my family in Texas.  Technology is neat.  Anyways, it was good to see all of Tyler's siblings and it was their first time meeting Ellie as well.  Here's a photo album of those times!

Since Christmas life has slowed down considerably.  Tyler and I have instigated a strict healthy eating policy and we're both loosing weight and eating much better than we were before.  Tyler continues to excel at medical school, and the girls continue to grow and be fun.  Ellie can roll over and pick up her toys and loves to smile and get smiled at.  Lydia loves to "read" still and loves to be read to.  If you agree to read one book, you must be prepared to read 8 more, because she insists on more once you get started.  Lydia is also going through a little "terrible twos" whiny thing right now that is fun.

Well, that's our little world in a nutshell.  Here are some pictures and videos I've loaded on facebook or my other blog, but that I thought might be fun to post here:





0 comments: