Honestly Trying

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Finals week is upon me. Literally. I feel its pressure on all parts of my body, arguing with itself about when it should just punch me in the kidneys repeatedly until I just keel over and let it all be over with.

Aside from that, things are going well.

I just used the phrase, "You should make mastery of the dolphin your new quest." I think this indicates the sort of conversations we have at home.

Last night was date night, and it was mostly fun. We decided to try and make a good dinner here at home instead of going out. We started with one of our favorite appetizers, the Bloomin' Onion. That...didn't work. Like, say, at all. I cut it just like the instructions said, and it became, as though by magic, an onion with a bunch of slices in it! Upon trying to spread them out, it broke in half.

As such, we had fried onion wedges instead of the "bloom." Unfortunately, we overdeveloped the gluten in the flour, so they basically turned out like fried cardboard.

Though, as I imagine fried cardboard would, they still were pretty good with the horseradish dipping sauce I made.

Oh, yeah, and steak. Meagan made some good steaks. Props on that one. But successes aren't nearly as narratable as failures, so there aren't any good stories there.

Good times.

0 comments: