Weird Pregnancy Woes: Week 8.5

Sunday, December 16, 2007

I have had a pretty easy pregnancy so far. For the most part I haven't experienced any nausea, except when I think about food. It's actually pretty weird like that. The biggest symptom I've had is food aversions. It changes from day to day; I never know what food I will like within a few minutes. I don't know how it works, but if I randomly even think of a food, say...hamburger, all of a sudden I know that I will throw up if I even take one bite. And heaven help me if I smell the hated item. Right now, for instance, Tyler is making hamburgers on the Foreman Grill and I am about to die out here from the smell. He came and offered me a bite, but I couldn't even let him sit next to me with it in his hand, the odor was so gross. It's a shame really. Some of my favorite foods are randomly on this list. My favorite example of my "symptom" is the time Tyler cooked Fettuccini Alfredo (I'm feeling gross just typing the word right now). At the time, it sounded delicious. I started eating it and was halfway through when all of sudden the very idea of even looking at it was nauseating.

As I see it, this isn't too bad, considering what I could be going through, so I haven't been too disheartened. In fact, for the most part, I enjoy my fickle appetite. It's fun.

Feel sorry for Tyler. It's going to be a long 7 months.

0 comments: