I'm Happy

Friday, October 17, 2008

I've really enjoyed the last few months since Lydia came. Not just because I love being a mom and get a lot of joy out of that, but also because I've had time to do things that I want. When I was working at Verizon, I had very little flexibility. It was very difficult to get off work for a weekend or a Saturday. It also took up a lot of my time. Ever since I've been home with Lydia, I've been able to go on a trip and visit with people, when I never would have been able to otherwise. I feel very free. I get to help my husband with things, like studying for a test or making a rock club poster (which turned out freaking awesome, by the way. I also get to do things for my daughter. Yesterday I spent about 4 or 5 hours making Lydia a book of her family, so she could know them even though she doesn't live near them. It turned out pretty cute and I'm very happy with it.

Tonight is Friday Night Live at BYU, which is basically an even where every BYU club sets up a booth and people come and check them out. There's live music and stuff too. Anyways, I'm excited for it because I get to go help Tyler and I get to dress Lydia up in a cute outfit and show her off. Tomorrow is the Mountain Goats concert in SLC. I'm a little nervous about it because I've never left Lydia for more than an hour or two, but tomorrow we're leaving her with a sitter. I know she'll be fine, but I'm surprised at how much I worry about her when I'm not with her. I'm glad that she's a happier baby, though, because I'd be more worried if she was sad the whole time. I wouldn't be able to go to either of these things if I was still working, and I'm very grateful that we are somehow managing for me to be able to be home with Lydia. It's a joy to take care of her, she's such a sweet baby, if she is a little stubborn. It's been some of the happiest days of my life so far. Even if I have to go back to work eventually, I'm still glad that I get to have this experience.

0 comments: