Mid-July

Monday, July 20, 2009

Well, Lydia has been progressing slowly but surely. Although not very good at it, she has her own sort of army crawl that is unique to her. It's probably the least efficient mode of transportation I can imagine, but it's a good start. She's also a pro at rolling over to get where she wants, so she's starting to get into things and I have to be careful about what I leave within reach. Last week, she learned to sit up from laying down and her life has changed. She's having so much fun rolling, sitting up, and rolling again that she's happy most of the day. She's even started sitting up in her crib! It was weird to see her sitting up when I came in to get her, but it's making her happy. Although she's behind transportationally speaking, she is progressing, which is good to see, because there were a few months there where she had sort of plateaued and I was starting to wonder if there was something wrong. It's been hard seeing all the kids 5 months younger than her crawl and Lydia just sitting there, but we are very excited to see her start to explore her world.

Here are few pictures of what we've been up to.

Last week was cow appreciation day at Chick-Fil-A, where if you dress up like a cow, they'd give you a free combo meal. It took some convincing on my part, but in the end, the promise of free food won Tyler over. He got into it. I dressed up and so did Lydia. Lydia got her first kids meal that day, although Mom and Dad ate most of it. She drank her whole juicebox after she finally learned to drink from a straw!



Last night, we had some friends over watching a movie when I heard a thump. Then I heard another thump, so I asked Tyler if he heard it to. He went to check on it and called me to come see. When I did, I peaked through Lydia's door, and to our suprise she was standing in her crib pulling everything off the top of the bookshelf within reach. She was so happy and just having a blast. This was about an hour after we put her to bed, so who knows how long she'd been at it. I was very excited for her, though, because she had never pulled herself up before.


Oh, we also posted a few little unimportant videos on youtube here.

2 comments:

Britt said...

OH MY GOSH - nice picture Tyler!
very nice costume there
Why is this not your profile picture?

Lydia looks very pleased here. :)

ROAST said...

I want to see the pictures of the rest of the family in their cow outfits.