Still Waiting...

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Well, my due date was two days ago and still no baby.  I thought for sure she'd come early, but I guess I was wrong.  The doctor told me at my last appointment that he thinks I'll go at least a week late, which was oddly comforting.  Now I'm not worrying about every contraction and wondering if "this is it".  I'm just assuming it's not "it" unless I have some powerful evidence to the contrary.

In the meantime, I've just been hanging around the house doing a whole lot of nothing. Mostly I've just been trying to keep up with the cleaning and laundry so that I'm not behind when this baby decides to make an appearance.  The laundry in particular became tricky this weekend because one our our hoses decided to spring a leak and cause the water to leak through our ceiling.  (Our washer and dryer are in the attic, which is weird, but whatever.)

Lydia and I have read together a lot this week.  Her favorite books at the moment are Olivia, Madeline, and If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.  She loves to "read" them to herself, and loves to have them read to her as well.  Her other favorite activities include playing with her hotwheel cars, playing with her dinosaurs, and playing with her magnetic letters.  She also loves to watch Leap Frog Letter Factory, Winnie the Pooh, and Little Einsteins.  I only let her watch one show a day, but that doesn't stop her from asking over and over again.

Tyler's been really busy with school.  He has a test on Friday, and in anticipation of this baby being born, he studied all day every day over his three day weekend, just in case.  He did really really well on his first test, and we're hoping for a repeat.  He's working really hard and I'm very proud of him.

And that's about our lives.  We continue on in pretty much the same fashion.  Tyler studies, I'm waiting to have a baby, and Lydia reads aloud to herself.  Hopefully, this new baby will shake things up a bit here.

3 comments:

Eddie and Amber said...

Thank you for the update. I hope your birth plans go as you have planned, with her being late and all. Good luck!

Cindy O said...

I'm staying updated through your mom, because I think "have you had the baby yet" questions are cruel and unusual punishment, but I just wanted to let you know that we're thinking about you from Utah. I have an almost finished project for the baby that I will get to you soon. Can't wait to see who she looks like!

Abbey and Todd said...

I hope you got the broken pipe fixed - that's no fun. We can't wait to meet baby Abigail/Eleanor/Elly Grace!