Lyddie Bitty

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Today we had a nurse visit our home as part of a program that we qualify for, mostly to check up and give us information about how to take care of Lydia. As part of the visit, we asked her if she could weigh Lydia, because we've been pretty worried about her weight gain lately. She just seems so skinny, especially compared to other babies her age. The news was worse than I thought. Lydia weighed in at 7lb 15oz. Given the fact that she weighed 7lbs 13ozs when she was born, this is really bad. It puts her below the lowest line on the percentile chart. (Which is the 3rd percentile, by the way. Can you be in the 0th percentile?)

So, needless to say, we're pretty worried about her. It's interesting because I did the same thing when I was a baby, but it looks like it's for different reasons. My mom accidentally starved me (I only gained 1oz in 2 months), but I'm pretty confident that I've been feeding her plenty. We called the doctor and he's going to help us figure out what's wrong at the beginning of next week.

Luckily, every other aspect of Lydia seems to be developing just fine. She's very active and is hitting all of her developmental milestones. We just want her to be healthy, and hopefully, we can fix whatever is wrong and help her get to where she needs to be.

1 comments:

Alan and Kara said...

Poor little tiny Lydia! I sure hope everything is okay. Let us know how everything goes. It was sure fun hanging out with you guys the other night!