Lyddie's taste in music

Saturday, September 20, 2008

So, I expected it would happen, but I didn't expect it to happen so soon. It was inevitable that Lydia would love Rock and Roll. Her father is basically breeding her to do so. For example, he has sung her unorthodox lullabies since she was born. The other day I heard him singing Bohemian Rhapsody to her (I admit I joined in by the end). He's also sung her Led Zeppelin, Simon and Garfunkel, and other of his favorites.

We noticed pretty early on that she enjoyed guitar solos. When she was about 4 weeks old, Tyler was listening to Freebird in the car, and she Lydia was crying. That is, right up until the guitar solo, and she immediately quieted down. This could have been just a coincidence, but there is more evidence.

Some of our friends gave us baby Beatles CDs. They are basically quiet renditions of Beatles songs for babies to listen to while they fall asleep. She doesn't really like them much. However, the other day, Tyler got a bunch of records, including a Zeppelin IV LP. I was holding her as he was playing with his new record player and she was screaming. As soon as he started the album, though, she immediately quieted down. I thought it could be a coincidence, but as soon as he stopped the record, she started screaming again. Like that very second. I asked Tyler to start it up again to see what would happen, and she stopped crying as soon as it began to play. Lyddie likes hard rock.

This makes her father very happy.

In fact, she was just crying a minute ago and I wanted to write on the blog, so I turned on Zeppelin IV and she stopped. It's like magic.

So there you have it. My 6 and a half week old baby is a rocker.

0 comments: